Our amazing partners @onetreeplanted have developed a wonderful program called One. Simple. Act in honor of Earth Day 2018. Our creative team decided to tie the program in with the new PV #GIVEAWAY campaign! We would love to see the PV community getting involved. :)
Imagine the impact of 7 billion people creating 'One. Simple. Act' for Earth Day 2018!
You can WIN a chance to plant 50 trees around the world! Check it out!
"Nature is the source of all true knowledge. She has her own logic, her own laws, she has no effect without cause nor invention without necessity." - Leonardo Da Vinci
We are so happy to announce our new ANCIENT EARTH BLOG! We have made some very cool posts for you to check out! The blog will be expanding on a regular basis so stop back for more awesome posts.
Please help us to spread knowledge by sharing on your social media platforms. Comments and insights on blog posts are encouraged :)
-The Phoenix Voyage Team
A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots.
The Phoenix Spirit Cards are filled with positive thought provoking messages and adorned with original phoenix bird artwork from various artists around the world.
40th United States Psychotronics Association conference
July 20th- 22nd, 2018, at the beautiful Hyatt Regency
Deerfield, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago
The USPA is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1975 to serve as a focal point for scientific and technical exploration of the universe of esoteric, spiritual, and psychic arts in the United States of America.
Studies and research:
| || |
Prominent people in history who did research:
| || |
As many of you know, we LOVE to give away things :) If you have not visited our Freebies page, please stop by to check out free eBooks and links to amazing collections of free gardening courses and much, much more!
So our creative team were thinking of ways to gift our new games and came across a cool platform called Rafflecopter that makes it so easy for product promotions. You can even begin a campaign for free!
Phoenix Voyage has entered 2018 with GREAT news! Our Phoenix Hamlet edible parks have been getting lots of attention and since last fall, the project is expanding with great enthusiasm. We have had government officials in Tanzania stating that they "would like to see this project go into more villages because it is a solution for poverty and hunger. "
The Phoenix Hamlets began to get attention thru the pilot project that our new partner Christopher Simwinga has begun in Tanzania. Chris is the director of EnviroCare, a NGO in Tanzania that focuses on deforestation issues and to date, the EnviroCare team have planted over two million trees with community participation.
Please read the following deforestation statistics... and if you feel moved to support planting trees around the world...you can check out our amazing partners at ONE TREE PLANTED and give some love to our beautiful earth. The easy to navigate website makes it a fun experience to plant ONE TREE for ONE DOLLAR.
- Deforestation is the 2nd biggest, human-caused, contributor to Global Warming in terms of rising greenhouse gas emissions (electricity and heat production being the 1st). The biggest impact of deforestation is the effect on the global carbon cycle, contributing between 12 -17% annually to global greenhouse emissions.
- To date 7.3 million hectares of forest have been destroyed. (1 hectare = 10,000 sq meters, roughly the size of an international rugby field, there are 2.37 acres in a hectare).
- Forests are being destroyed for: land development, agriculture purposes, commercial logging (production of paper, furniture, and houses), bio-fuels (palm, soy oils), fuels (wood is used for cooking in developing countries), roads and motorway construction, land clearing in the cases of mining for natural resources.
- Within the next 25 years at least 28,000 plant and animal species will become extinct due to deforestation.
- Deforestation is responsible for rising statistics in flooding, erosion, landslides and air pollution (air pollution is one of the biggest killers, affecting 100 million worldwide). Trees naturally produce and release oxygen.
- 1.6 billion people worldwide, rely on deforested products for all or part of their livelihoods.
- Indigenous populations and their way of life are being negatively impacted as they rely on the forests for food and medicine.
- Research shows that trees store up to 300 billion tons of CO2.
- They naturally absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and it is an important factor in their structural development.
- The Sun’s energy and heat converts carbon dioxide into building blocks for their trunk and branches
- When they are cut down, burned or die, the carbon dioxide is released back in to the atmosphere. Impacting on weather patterns and climate changes.
- Release of carbon dioxide is measured in ‘gigatons’. A gigaton is one unit of explosive power equivalent, to one billion tons of TNT. If an earthquake’s magnitude were to be measured in gigatons then an 8.8 is roughly around 50 gigatons. Tropical rainforests store more than 210 gigatons of carbon dioxide.
- China is the world’s biggest producer of carbon dioxide emissions. The USA is second.
- Carbon emissions are lowering the Ph balance in the worlds’ oceans, making them even more acidic.
- Carbon emissions are not the only greenhouse gases affected by deforestation. Trees absorb rain water and release water vapor back into the atmosphere. Global vapor flows have decreased by 4% resulting in climate disruptions and water pollution through contamination.
The World Preservation Foundation
2010 Global Forest Resources Assessment
World Resources Institute